How to install a default and special router?

How to install a default and special router?

Post by Joachim Wagne » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for your attention,

If have a default gateway and a special gateway for my subnet.

I have no man-page for "defaultrouter" and "gateways" .

I know I could install a route for the subnet in /etc/rc3.d/S99... but I
also want to know the syntax for /etc/gateways

Thanks for your reply,

Good regards from Cologne

Joachim

How to install a default and special router?

Post by Geraud Till » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:12:18 +0200, Joachim Wagner

>If have a default gateway and a special gateway for my subnet.

>I have no man-page for "defaultrouter" and "gateways" .

>I know I could install a route for the subnet in /etc/rc3.d/S99... but I
>also want to know the syntax for /etc/gateways

/etc/gateways is used with routed.

For static routes, you should modify /etc/init.d/inetinit

The /etc/defaultrouter contain the ip of your defaultgateway (and only
this), or its name if you add it in /etc/hosts file.

Quote:>Good regards from Cologne

Cologne in Germany ? Geez you're working as late as I do (I'm in Paris)
:-)

G.

--
Graud Tillit
Business Objects

1. \\\ Professional Images Virtual Domains/// Special Special Special Special

:               Online Marketing International Inc.

:
: We are happy to be able to offer full professional images for your
: business. We are a international service provider specializing in Virtual
: domains, Site creation and maintenance, and Listservers and databases.
:
: Thru the end of april we are offering the Following Special pricing:
:
: Only $25.00 setup/$25.00 per month for the following. !!!WOW!!!
:
: *personal Domain  http://yourcompany.com/
: *Unlimited FTP/Telnet access yourcompany.com
: *5 megs of space - this will house approximately +50 pages with    graphics

: *autoresponder
: *Cgi-bin access with sample scripts
: *use of our Shell
: *password protected web pages
: *redirection capabilty
: *24 hour a day web access with millions of potential customers.
: *listing in our award winning mall   http://ngwwmall.com/
: *free postings to 18 popular search engines and directories with all
:  accounts.
: *Full T1 line support with redundancy measure being put in place to
:  insure reliable access 24 hours a day
: *listserver
: =======================================================================
:
: Basic Site creation package 299.99 6 pages with graphic, includes 6
: months rent ends may 1st.
:
: =======================================================================
: Full server lease available for as little as 500.00/month
: =======================================================================
: We Have special accounts for individuals wishing to resell our services

: =======================================================================
: Sites we maintain and house -
: visit a few our our sites: http://craftsolutions.com/
:                            http://winedine.com/
:                            http://facialflex.com/
:                            http://ngwwmall.com/

2. Automatisches Beenden einer PPP-Verbindung

3. Default router and alternate router question

4. Cant get Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI to work

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. freeswan cisco vpn-client

7. Linux-Router works fine, just special IPs don't work.

8. default special uids

9. Special case of Linux as firewall/router - QUESTION

10. Setting up a special proxy/router

11. Installing a VOIP Router behind a wireless router.

12. Subject: Ksh93 question: special built-ins: why are they special?