pkgadd not working in Solaris 7 -2nd attempt ;-)

pkgadd not working in Solaris 7 -2nd attempt ;-)

Post by Michal Szymans » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Sorry for previous empty post - I've made something very strange in the
editor, but the message luckily survived:

I am unable to install packages coming on Fujitsu Fortran CDROM
under Solaris 7. After mounting the CDROM and executing (as adviced in
the Installation Guide)

pkgadd -d /cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1

I get a list of packages available, I choose any package (or
combination), e.g. no. 1 (FSUNf90cp), the I get

Processing package instance <FSUNf90cp> from </cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1>

Fujitsu Fortran Compiler
(sparc) 4.0.1,REV=2.0.1
        Copyright (c) Fujitsu Limited 1993-1999
        All Rights Reserved.

        FSUNf90cp install directory:/opt

Do you want to change the installation directory ?  [y,n,?,q] n
Using </opt> as the package base directory.
## Processing package information.
pkgadd: ERROR: The objects in the pkg construct must match the objects
found in the pkg's pkgmap. The following path(s) were not found
in FSUNf90cp's pkgmap:

/cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1/FSUNf90cp/reloc/$F90DIR/FSUNf90/man/ja/man1/f90.1
... list of (probably) all package files
/cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1/FSUNf90cp/reloc/$F90DIR/FSUNf90/msg/ja_JP.UTF-8/jwd_smsg

pkgadd: ERROR: unable to process pkgmap

Installation of <FSUNf90cp> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.

Needless to say, All these files exist on the CDROM.

The 'pkgmap' contains entries like:

  1 d none $F90DIR/FSUNf90/lib 0755 root bin
  1 f none $F90DIR/FSUNf90/lib/ccom 0555 bin bin 3975140 34666 915792137

- the paths are relative (the packages relocatable)
With other packages containing absolute paths, like e.g.:

  1 d none /usr/local/include 0755 root root
  1 f none /usr/local/include/zconf.h 0644 root root 7810 35073 914759361

I have not got any problems.

The system I am using is Solaris 7 with most recommended patches
installed. The people from Fujitsu claim that they are unable to
reproduce the problem on a Solaris 7 machine. Can they have different
pkgadd?

The same packages can be installed w/o any problem on any machine
running 2.5.1. I even tried to use "pkgadd" from 2.5.1 under 7
- but to my surprise the effect was the same, as if "pkgadd"
used some other utility to check the package data (and it was that
utility which was broken).

Any hints would be appreciated.

regards, Michal.

PS. In the meantime I got another reply from the package vendor: they
experimented a bit with their Solaris 7 machine by applying patch
107261-01 (which is also applied on my system) - then they got the
same result as I did.

I could probably backout the patch. Still, I wonder if the package they
supply are now incompatible with new Solaris standards or rather
the patch intended to fix one bug, has introduced another one.

--

  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

pkgadd not working in Solaris 7 -2nd attempt ;-)

Post by Steven Buehrl » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I had the exact same problem with another software package. I backed out
patch 107261-01 and was able to install the package without any further
problems.

This patch is not one of Suns recommended or security patches, so I would
suggest that you back it out.

> Sorry for previous empty post - I've made something very strange in the
> editor, but the message luckily survived:
> I am unable to install packages coming on Fujitsu Fortran CDROM
> under Solaris 7. After mounting the CDROM and executing (as adviced in
> the Installation Guide)
> pkgadd -d /cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1
> I get a list of packages available, I choose any package (or
> combination), e.g. no. 1 (FSUNf90cp), the I get
> Processing package instance <FSUNf90cp> from </cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1>
> Fujitsu Fortran Compiler
> (sparc) 4.0.1,REV=2.0.1
>         Copyright (c) Fujitsu Limited 1993-1999
>         All Rights Reserved.
>         FSUNf90cp install directory:/opt
> Do you want to change the installation directory ?  [y,n,?,q] n
> Using </opt> as the package base directory.
> ## Processing package information.
> pkgadd: ERROR: The objects in the pkg construct must match the objects
> found in the pkg's pkgmap. The following path(s) were not found
> in FSUNf90cp's pkgmap:
> /cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1/FSUNf90cp/reloc/$F90DIR/FSUNf90/man/ja/man1/f90.1
> ... list of (probably) all package files
> /cdrom/Solaris_2/4_0_1/FSUNf90cp/reloc/$F90DIR/FSUNf90/msg/ja_JP.UTF-8/jwd_smsg
> pkgadd: ERROR: unable to process pkgmap
> Installation of <FSUNf90cp> failed (internal error).
> No changes were made to the system.
> Needless to say, All these files exist on the CDROM.
> The 'pkgmap' contains entries like:
>   1 d none $F90DIR/FSUNf90/lib 0755 root bin
>   1 f none $F90DIR/FSUNf90/lib/ccom 0555 bin bin 3975140 34666 915792137
> - the paths are relative (the packages relocatable)
> With other packages containing absolute paths, like e.g.:
>   1 d none /usr/local/include 0755 root root
>   1 f none /usr/local/include/zconf.h 0644 root root 7810 35073 914759361
> I have not got any problems.
> The system I am using is Solaris 7 with most recommended patches
> installed. The people from Fujitsu claim that they are unable to
> reproduce the problem on a Solaris 7 machine. Can they have different
> pkgadd?
> The same packages can be installed w/o any problem on any machine
> running 2.5.1. I even tried to use "pkgadd" from 2.5.1 under 7
> - but to my surprise the effect was the same, as if "pkgadd"
> used some other utility to check the package data (and it was that
> utility which was broken).
> Any hints would be appreciated.
> regards, Michal.
> PS. In the meantime I got another reply from the package vendor: they
> experimented a bit with their Solaris 7 machine by applying patch
> 107261-01 (which is also applied on my system) - then they got the
> same result as I did.
> I could probably backout the patch. Still, I wonder if the package they
> supply are now incompatible with new Solaris standards or rather
> the patch intended to fix one bug, has introduced another one.
> --

>   Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

1. Pkgadd Solaris Post install Script not working HELP!

Hi,

I have written a post install script for my jumpstart server to
install additional software, but when I run it from the shell it still
asking me a question can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong.  Ths
will be run from etc/rc2.d once the system is fully installed and
patched.

The Script
----------

#!/bin/sh
MNT=/mnt
ADMIN_FILE=/tmp/admin
mount -f nfs 192.168.123.10:/export/patches ${MNT}
cat >${ADMIN_FILE} <<DONT_ASK
mail=
instance=nocheck
partial=nocheck
runlevel=nocheck
idepend=nocheck
rdepend=nocheck
space=nocheck
setuid=nocheck
conflict=nocheck
action=nocheck
networktimeout=60
networkretries=3
authentication=quit
keystore=/var/sadm/security
proxy=
DONT_ASK
/usr/sbin/pkgadd -a ${ADMIN_FILE} -d
/mnt/software_5.9/zlib-1.2.1-sol9-sparc-local -R /
umount ${MNT}

Output when can from shell
--------------------------
#
# ./test2.sh

The following packages are available:
  1  SMCzlib     zlib
                 (sparc) 1.2.1

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

2. Redirect LanIP to another LanIP using linuxbox help pls

3. pkgadd not working in Solaris 7

4. Netblazer error msg w/Linux ppp

5. Cant see my 2nd IDE hard drive HELP A MORON ;-)

6. stripe size when setting up RAID 0 for oracle

7. pkgadd Not Working

8. --->Graphical Stat Packages...???

9. PKGADD is not working

10. things I did not know, that I did not know ;-)

11. Plug-ins not not seen by Gimp

12. ping 2nd NIC works, but not ftp or telnet

13. Driver attempts to create eth1, but no 2nd NIC???