Audio CD Player for Solaris 2.5

Audio CD Player for Solaris 2.5

Post by Mario Roman » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00



Where can I find (ftp site perhaps) an audio CD tool so I can
play CD's on my Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.5?

Thanks,
Mario

--
Mario Romana
Senior Software Engineer

(914) 731-2063
******************************
Fujitsu Network Communications
One Blue Hill Plaza
PO Box 1609
Pearl River, NY  10965

 
 
 

Audio CD Player for Solaris 2.5

Post by Jonathan Smoke » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00



> Where can I find (ftp site perhaps) an audio CD tool so I can
> play CD's on my Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.5?

> Thanks,
> Mario

You need a package called 'workman';

1-      ftp.hyperion.com
2-      ftp.uoregon.edu
3-      ccnews.ke.sanet.sk/pub/solaris/2.3bin/workman.tar.gz

I think I used hyperion.com. Works fine for solaris 2.5.

Jonty.

 
 
 

Audio CD Player for Solaris 2.5

Post by Mark Boyn » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00




> > Where can I find (ftp site perhaps) an audio CD tool so I can
> > play CD's on my Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.5?

> > Thanks,
> > Mario

> You need a package called 'workman';

> 1-      ftp.hyperion.com
> 2-      ftp.uoregon.edu
> 3-      ccnews.ke.sanet.sk/pub/solaris/2.3bin/workman.tar.gz

> I think I used hyperion.com. Works fine for solaris 2.5.

Recent versions of rplay can also play CDs on Solaris 2.5 using the
cdda interface.  It's convenient to be able to play sound files and
CDs with the same application.   ftp://ftp.sdsu.edu/pub/rplay/
 
 
 

Audio CD Player for Solaris 2.5

Post by Leo L » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00


On Tue, 07 Jan 1997 12:51:32 +0000, Jonathan Smoker


>You need a package called 'workman';

>1-      ftp.hyperion.com
>2-      ftp.uoregon.edu
>3-      ccnews.ke.sanet.sk/pub/solaris/2.3bin/workman.tar.gz

>I think I used hyperion.com. Works fine for solaris 2.5.

I had a Solaris 2.5 x86 and setup the workman, but it said cannot find
SCSI device, my CD-ROM drive is an IDE one, it that means I cannot get
it work?

Leo Lau

 
 
 

Audio CD Player for Solaris 2.5

Post by Jonathan Smoke » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00



> I had a Solaris 2.5 x86 and setup the workman, but it said cannot
> find SCSI device, my CD-ROM drive is an IDE one, it that means I
> cannot get it work?

Sorry, I don't know really. There is a workman faq at
http://www.ciemat.es/~dcuesta/manuales/workman/faq.html#volmgr

...which says for LINUX;

Linux-Specific Questions

Why doesn't it work with my IDE drive?

You probably had the -DLINUX_SCSI_PASSTHROUGH flag set in your Makefile
when you built WorkMan. It tells WorkMan to try to send SCSI commands to
the drive directly rather than going through the OS-specific CD-ROM
library functions. Unfortunately, that doesn't work on non-SCSI drives.

If you recompile WorkMan without that option, it ought to work better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there is a similar flag in the x86 makefile (???), maybe not ;)
 J.