What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

Post by John » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 06:53:10

I need to find who makes pci bus NICs that will work in Sun Sparc systems
(Ultra 5, Ultra 10, E250, etc). I'm running Solaris 2.6, 2.7 & 2.8 (drivers
for 2.6 and/or 2.7 would suffice).

I'm trying to find less expensive cards for these systems - Sun charges
upwards of $500 for a NIC! Please help!!!

Thank you,
John

What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

Post by John D Groenve » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 07:31:45

You missed the recent thread "Inexpensive NIC for Ultra 5?" in
comp.sys.sun.hardware. http://www.znyx.com/ gets good reviews.
John

What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

Post by John » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:39:52

I just looked up that thread, thank you!

John

> You missed the recent thread "Inexpensive NIC for Ultra 5?" in
> comp.sys.sun.hardware. http://www.znyx.com/ gets good reviews.
> John

What NICs work on Sun Sparc systems other than those from Sun?

Post by TomCa » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:55:27

i recently purchased the dual port Znyx board and it works great -
i'm still trying to find a PPP over Enet version to work on Solaris
if you do let me know. (for ADSL connection)
tc