greyed out "Test" button, in "Display Control" on NCE2

greyed out "Test" button, in "Display Control" on NCE2

Post by Steinar Ban » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I'm attempting to define a display to use an old Digital Trinitron
display on a SPARCbook 3XP.

The problem I get, is that the "Test" button is greyed out on many
displays, and when I attempt to test one of these displays, or use it
as basis for the display definition for the Digital screen (just
adding "Sync on green"), the result is snow on the screen.

Hopefully some of the other displays would display something more
meaningful.  But I'm a bit worried about setting these displays,
without testing them first...

Any hints, tips, etc. appreciated!

- Steinar

--
Steinar Bang, NCR Norge AS, METIS Solutions

greyed out "Test" button, in "Display Control" on NCE2

Post by Steinar Ban » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I figured this out, I think.  The "Test" button only works for the
displays with the current resolution.  I changed the resolution, and
restarted the X server, created a new display defintion with the basis
in a display that *almost* worked, and added "Sync on green".

And voila!  It worked!

- Steinar