can active shared memory segments be paged out ?

can active shared memory segments be paged out ?

Post by Rocke Robertso » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Cant find info on this matter. Anyone care to enlighten me ? Referring
to Solaris 2.6 and 7.

Thanks

Rocke Robertson
PWGSC-GTIS-CPS
Voice (613) 748-4604
Fax   (613) 748-4843

Post by Martin Hepwort » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Cant find info on this matter. Anyone care to enlighten me ? Referring
> to Solaris 2.6 and 7.

> Thanks

> --
> Rocke Robertson
> PWGSC-GTIS-CPS
> Voice (613) 748-4604
> Fax   (613) 748-4843

shared memory is treated in the same way as any other memory by the
kernal (AFAIK) and can this be paged out. To circumvate this you can use
immutable shared memory which will be page out; Oracle can this to stop
the SGA getting paged in and out.

Martin