mail - Sending mail to Exchange Server

Post by dejanew.. » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:32:20

This has probably been asked before, but...

I need to send emails generated through a script from Solaris 2.6 to
local accounts in our company's Microsoft Exchange server.

Is this possible through Solaris? Is so, where do I start?

Thanks
JS

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Ken Feli » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 04:51:51

> This has probably been asked before, but...

> I need to send emails generated through a script from Solaris 2.6 to
> local accounts in our company's Microsoft Exchange server.

> Is this possible through Solaris? Is so, where do I start?

> Thanks
> JS

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Yes, do the MSexch server speak SMTP and the unix server has
reachability to this server . I don't see any major problems.

Just pipe or direct you're script output to "mail or mailx" and send the
mail.

good luck.

Post by Griff Mille » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:27:05

> This has probably been asked before, but...

> I need to send emails generated through a script from Solaris 2.6 to
> local accounts in our company's Microsoft Exchange server.

> Is this possible through Solaris? Is so, where do I start?

There're a lot of pieces to this puzzle. Assuming that you can send email
in general from the Solaris 2.6 machine, and that the Exchange Server is
running an SMTP server (I think in Exchange parlance this is the "Internet
Connector") then this command would email a file to an account on the
Exchange server:

This also assumes that any MX records for exchangeserver.domain.com
point to exchangeserver.domain.com (seems redundant, but this is how
it's done).

--
Griff Miller II
Manager of Information Technology      "Beware of those who seek to win an

mail - Sending mail to Exchange Server

Post by Michael Halad » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:37:58

try www.nexor.com
NEXOR is a company with products which gives you exchange capabilities for
solaris!
regards
Michael

Quote:> This has probably been asked before, but...

> I need to send emails generated through a script from Solaris 2.6 to
> local accounts in our company's Microsoft Exchange server.

> Is this possible through Solaris? Is so, where do I start?

> Thanks
> JS

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

  We have MS-Mail server on a Netware 3.12 box with Win 3.1 MS-Mail and
Win95 Exchange/Message Service (they changed the name mid-stream...)
clients and are looking at how to lash this up with a Linux box acting as
firewall/mail-server connected via frame relay to an ISP. We're also
looking at adding an NT box with Back Office, including Exchange Server.

  Anyone have any experience with any of this who would like to share
their experience and knowledge? I would also greatly appreciate any
pointers to relevant reference materials, especially of a tutorial nature.

  Thanks.

--
Jim Holbach                          |    The more I know,

San Antonio, TX                      |

2. problem in While and for loop

3. How to make that Sendmail send mails to Exchange server

4. Linux FAQ

5. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

6. metastat result - need maintenance

7. Sendmail to send all Internet mail to internal Microsoft Exchange server

8. I Nuked Linux...Win 2K is Light Years Ahead.

9. Sending mail from UNIX using Exchange server

10. Sending mail to Microsoft Exchange Server

11. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

12. Can send mail out but can't send mail in?

13. Sending mails through remote mail server