telnet problem with RH4.1

Post by Simon Veron » Sun, 22 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hope somebody can help me...

I have a 486 runing RH4.1 (kernel 2.0.27), whenI either telnet to itself or
from another box (running NT4) the telnet session is immediately closed.

Changing /etc/inetd.conf so that the in.telnetd session is started with the
debug flag shows that the error being found is:

        bind: address already in use.

I thought that it might be a DNS problem,  I've checked my DNS
configuration and all lookups (from the linux server and the NT server
which uses the linux box as a DNS server) seem to work ok.  Other protocols
such as FTP seem to work ok..

I'm now stuck.

I would be grateful for any help or pointers.  Please email me directly
with any tips..

Many thanks in advance..

--
Simon Verona