Dialin server with DHCP support

Post by billy m » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 17:14:48

Hi All,

Do you know any idea on setup a dialin server
which will also support DHCP function ?
And Doc or URL link and tell ?

Many Thanks

Billy

1. slip/ppp dialin server with dhcp server

Would someone point me to the right direction and reference material?  I
want to setup a small slip/ppp dialin server using Linux.  I read the
NET-3-HOWTO.  It has details on accomplishing this.  But I want to know
if it is possible to do this with dhcpd instead of a static file.  As I
understand the doc, dynamic IP assignment still binds the IP address to a
specific ttyS? port.  Is it possible to have the dialin server to make
request to an existing dhcp server then pass this onto the caller?  It
is my understanding that dhcp server could inform the dhcp client the
change of IP assignment.  How could this be accomplished in the
mentioned scenario?  I appreciate any idea and suggestion.

2. error: No route to host

3. dialin server connect OK but can't mail,ftp...to this server via ppp

4. Graphical Terminal for Linux?

5. Does Linux DHCP server support OPTION 122?

6. weird ping problem

7. DHCP server supporting dynamic DNS

8. write error in swap file

9. DHCP on PPP dialin

10. DHCP Linux Client at NT-DHCP Server

11. DHCP: How do I configure DHCP server dynamically?????

12. Sunray as DHCP client to NT DHCP server

13. 3com 905b gets Ip address by using DHCP from NT DHCP server