Help: "tcsh: can't load library 'libc.so.5'" ??

Help: "tcsh: can't load library 'libc.so.5'" ??

Post by Zo Obradov » Wed, 03 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi all, Anyone have any ideas about where this comes from?
Whenever I telnet in to my machine or su to another user, I get
this abrupt message and then the shell dies.

I get it after entering username & password. Anyone have a thought
about this? What might be causing it?

/lib/libc.so.5 is a valid link to /lib//libc.so.5.3.12
I ran ldconfig and ldconfig -v.
binutils 2.6.0.14
kernel 2.0.0

Thanks,
Zo
--
ack

1. "Can't find shared library 'libc.so.3.0'"

This problem cropped up out of the blue, and a back-up and
re-install did not fix it.

I have (had) a working-perfectly 2.1.0R installation of
FreeBSD, with which I was greatly pleased.  Apache, uemacs.
bash, etc. (even "unknown" Netscape).  In my usual fashion, I
began playing around with configurations, fouled some things up
pretty good, and what-the-heck, nothing crucial is running, so
I just went ahead and reinstalled.

Apache, popper, popclient, and uemacs now claim that
libc.so.3.0 cannot be found.  This does not seem surprising,
since libc.so.2.2.0 is the version in residence, and has been
all along.

Is there a libc.so.3.0? That would seem to be the easiest way
to fix things, even assuming that the error should not be
happening in the first place.  ldconfig seems to be doing its
job.

I have no idea.  Whatsoever.  And really, I'm not as stupid as
this sounds.

2. Cant load Red Hat 7

3. Help: Error "can't load library libc.so.5"

4. CUPS packaging: .cups not -cups

5. help: "emacs:can't load library 'libXt.so.6'" . . .

6. NewbQ : Redirecting http to https for subdirs

7. "can't load library 'libXmu.so.6'"

8. FoxPro -> CGI ???

9. "Can't load library 'foo'" messages

10. "can't load library 'libXpm.so.4'"

11. U R G E N T: CAN'T LOAD LIBRARY 'libc.so.5'

12. "Can't find libc.so.4" FIXED (here's how...)

13. err:"can't load libc.so.5"