3c509b Nic

Post by De Ma » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 23:20:28

I have just installed Redhat 5.2 on an old 486 DX2/66 machine. All seems to
be working fine apart from my 3COM 3c509b (ISA) network card. I am getting
consstant messages saying "eth0: transmit timed out". This card works fine
in my other machine running win2k. Unfortunately I am just starting to use
Linux so I am a bit stumped as to what the problem is. Can anyone offer any
advice?

Cheers Gav

3c509b Nic

Post by ken_yap_c24a3280_.. » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 23:40:24

|I have just installed Redhat 5.2 on an old 486 DX2/66 machine. All seems to
|be working fine apart from my 3COM 3c509b (ISA) network card. I am getting
|consstant messages saying "eth0: transmit timed out". This card works fine
|in my other machine running win2k. Unfortunately I am just starting to use
|Linux so I am a bit stumped as to what the problem is. Can anyone offer any
|advice?

Try upgrading to a more recent kernel, there have been bug fixes in the
3c509 driver I believe. Or install a more recent RH, then you get a
newer kernel at the same time.