3com 3c905 tx vs 3c905-CX-TX

Post by Simon » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:04:18

Hi all,

Did you have any trouble between this two interfaces? I mean, performance
differencies ?
I have a Linux cluster and I change network cards from 905TX to 905CX-TX
with slowdown network performances results.
I tried to recompile 3c509x drivers with no results, anyone knows something
about it?

Thank you

Simone

3com 3c905 tx vs 3c905-CX-TX

Post by jack » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:55:28

> Hi all,

> Did you have any trouble between this two interfaces? I mean, performance
> differencies ?
> I have a Linux cluster and I change network cards from 905TX to 905CX-TX
> with slowdown network performances results.
> I tried to recompile 3c509x drivers with no results, anyone knows something
> about it?

AFAIK, there's no difference from the drivers point of view. But, the
"CX"-type is some sort of downgraded "TX" model. -- I might be
absolutely wrong here.

Anyways, try to check the exact behaviour of both models when it comes
to duplex-mode.

Darn You, but this _exact_ issue made me come home late tonight; but in
my case, it turned out to be a bad cable, so I didn't dig into this
topic too deep then... [N. b. This is why You get this useless reply...]

Cheers, Jack.

PS.: In the case described above, I have _not_ noticed any change in
perfomance whatsoever. - HTH.

My personal reading of the string "MicroSoft" expands to "NanoWeak"...

1. 3Com 3C595-TX and 3C905-TX problems

I'm running Linux on a Pentium with a 3Com 100MB ethernet card. The
network works fine for about a few days, but eventually, the ethernet
driver seems to die and network connectivity is lost. After a reboot,
things work fine. The syslog contains the following message:

kernel: eth0: Infinite loop in interrupt, status e011. Disabling functions (78ee).

A message that looks related is

inetd[59]: netbios-ns/udp server failing (looping), service terminated

Has anybody else had trouble like the above? I suppose it's related to
the Ethernet driver.

-Manuel

2. drivers/isdn/eicon/eicon_idi.c: (2.5.17) dev_kfree_skb on wrong variable

3. 3c905-tx pci10/100 base -tx???????????

4. *Dese SCSI-2 HD work??

5. 3Com 3C905-TX-IBM Fast EtherLink XL Configuration in AIX 4.2

6. usb problems

7. Q: 3Com 3c905-TX: LED not flashing?

8. Mounting Win_NT disks on Linux - possible?

9. Problem Installing via NFS with 3Com 3C905-TX card.

10. 3COM EtherLink XL 3C905-TX adapter setting

11. 3com 3c905-TX

12. 3COM 3C905-TX Fast EtherLink XL PCI Card

13. RH 7.1, 3com 3c905-TX NIC, and DHCP don't work