DIP with Yggdrasil help

Post by bill mccart » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I recently installed the Plug and Play Linux, a.k.a. Yggdrasil on my machine,
>and ever since then I have been pulling my hair out over how to make DIP
>work.  I have not been able to find in any manual what the following error
>message means, or what I can do about it.

># DIP
>Linux: Unknown server error.

>DIP isn't aliased to anything.  If I hit DIP -t, I still receive the same
>message.  What is the server it is refering to?  Do I have to preconfigure DIP
>to my modem, which is located on cua1 or /dev/ttyS1 or whatever it is called?

>Tnx.

<snip>

Make sure that your /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname have the name of your
box in them. Also, make sure your /etc/host.conf is set up correctly.
My file look like this:

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 gandalf.linux.org gandalf # for slip

/etc/hostname
gandalf

/etc/host.conf
order hosts,bind
#multi
Hope this helps

LI N U X <------

DIP with Yggdrasil help

--
Adam O'Donnell, N3RCS                      |  PGP Public Key available

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in
 which we are permitted to remain children all our lives."
                -- Albert Einstein

1. Yggdrasil & dip.

Can someone please help me to config dip because when
ever I run dip, it just give me "Host name lookup failure".
Which files should I change or which file does dip actually
look for before giving me the message??

PLEASE HELP!!!

MANY THANKS

Brian Kwan
- bkwan.dircon.co.uk

2. Making a Rescue Image to use on a CD

3. SOLVED: dip problem in Yggdrasil

4. ssh command fails after a getline in an awk program

5. dip dip dip

6. Accessing Solaris IDE disk from a PC

7. Dip needs help with dip

8. Sun Blade 1000 boot problems - Data Access MMU Miss

9. DIP HELP!!! non-root users of DIP

10. DIP questions: setup, timeout and cleanup DIP process

11. Dip vs Dip-uri, which one should I use?

12. DIP (can someone give me dip ex.script

13. I need help with DIP (I have checked the faqs, nothing helped)