SnapGear firewall, ADSL router and backup ISDN router

SnapGear firewall, ADSL router and backup ISDN router

Post by Corrado Labina » Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:56:11

Hi to everyone,

I have the following configuration:

LAN ----> SnapGear Firewall ----> ADSL Router ----> Internet

I would like to re-use an ISDN router to setup a failover connection to the
Internet, like this:

LAN ----> SnapGear Firewall ----> ADSL Router ----> Internet
                                               ----> ISDN Router  ---->

I belive I've the following options:
1. static routes with different metrics and dead gateway detection: this
only  work if the firewall - ADSL router connection goes down, does not work
if the ADSL router - Internet connection (the one I'm concerned about) fail.
2. dynamic routing protocols, (ie gated or zebra) which should work but are
not installed on SnapGear...

It seems to me it can't be done with this hardware...
Maybe someone has a brighter idea ??? :-)

Kind regards,
    Corrado

1. ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

I have to upgrade a 25 client 98/XP network to ADSL
(W2000 server, W98/vPop3 mailserver)
I have a choice of :-
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected direct to the network or
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected via a Linux Firewall box or
D-Link DSL300 ADSL Modem connected via a Linux Firewall box

Thanks
Andy Chalkley
Perth Australia

2. Fast patching in Solaris 2.5[.1]

3. ADSL thourgh hardware router to a linux box router

4. how can setup a speedlimig?

5. Problem DSL Router <-> Firewall Router <-> Clients

6. Linux hardware support is better

7. firewall/router - subnet/router - subnet

8. need help with samba user profiles

9. Cisco Router/OpenBSD router firewall setup

10. setting up router/firewall for ADSL network

11. ADSL Router+firewall

12. Linux Box as Firewall or ADSL Router?

13. setting adsl router to bridging... how to set freeBSD firewall?