Can't mount Novell NetWare 6 volumes from Linux - help please!

Can't mount Novell NetWare 6 volumes from Linux - help please!

Post by Mile Blento » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:56:38

Hello all!

I'm trying to mount Novell Netware 6 volume from linux and get the
following error:

# ncpmount -S MYSERVER -U guest /mnt/novell0
Logging into MYSERVER as GUEST
Password:
ncpmount: NCP Request returned error code in nds login
NDS error code -601.
Login denied.

I've read that there are two ways for a client to authenticate itself to
use Novell File Server: bindery and NDS.

I'm totaly ignorant when it comes to Novell, but since the bindery way
(I've tried the '-b' option, too) don't work, and the ncpmount reports
an error in 'nds login'  I assume it's a NDS problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I do not administer the Novell side, so I would apreciate it very much
if you could tell me if something's missing in my ncpmount command
and/or if the Novell admin should give me additional data I need to
successfully mount a Novell volume (I only have network number/frame
type/login/pass/server name).

Thanx for your help,
Best regards,
   Mario Zagar
   marzagar AT netscape . net

P.S.
   in some docs on the net, I've read that only Calderas novell client
   is NDS capable and to use it, one must use Caldera Linux - a
   requierment I cannot meet at the moment - is there another solution?

Can't mount Novell NetWare 6 volumes from Linux - help please!

Post by ./To » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:44:44

Quote:

> Hello all!

> I'm trying to mount Novell Netware 6 volume from linux and get the
> following error:

> # ncpmount -S MYSERVER -U guest /mnt/novell0
> Logging into MYSERVER as GUEST
> Password:
> ncpmount: NCP Request returned error code in nds login
> NDS error code -601.
> Login denied.

> I've read that there are two ways for a client to authenticate itself to
> use Novell File Server: bindery and NDS.

> I'm totaly ignorant when it comes to Novell, but since the bindery way
> (I've tried the '-b' option, too) don't work, and the ncpmount reports
> an error in 'nds login'  I assume it's a NDS problem.

> Does anyone know how to fix this?

> I do not administer the Novell side, so I would apreciate it very much
> if you could tell me if something's missing in my ncpmount command
> and/or if the Novell admin should give me additional data I need to
> successfully mount a Novell volume (I only have network number/frame
> type/login/pass/server name).

> Thanx for your help,
> Best regards,
>    Mario Zagar
>    marzagar AT netscape . net

> P.S.
>    in some docs on the net, I've read that only Calderas novell client
>    is NDS capable and to use it, one must use Caldera Linux - a
>    requierment I cannot meet at the moment - is there another solution?

NDS error code -601 is "ERR_NO_SUCH_ENTRY"
Bindery is the old way, in all likelihood you are using NDS

We have Netware 6, using TCP/IP and NDS. I am using RedHat 7.2 with:

# rpm -qa | grep ncp
ncpfs-2.2.0.18-6

I mount the netware volumes with the following command (all on 1 line):

ncpmount -S server1 -A server1.ourcompany.com -U me.usr.ourcompany.com
-u me -g me novell/

(note the FQDN notation)

This works fine except I get a "Stale NFS file handle" error when I
ls at the root point of the mount. I can cd into the tree and all works
well then.

./ToZ

1. Mounting Novell Netware Volumes

I have been  able to sucessfully mount Novell Netware  volumes on a RH
6.0a linux box with the following added to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file:

#############################################################################
###########  Added local stuff here
#############################################################################

# Delete any existing incorrect interface
/usr/bin/ipx_interface delall
# Add the correct interface
/usr/bin/ipx_interface add -p eth0 802.3
# Configure it
/sbin/ipx_configure --auto_primary=on  --auto_interface=on
# Connect and mount
/usr/bin/ncpmount -S MYSERVER -U mylogin.my.local.contex -C \
    -P mypasswd -f 777 /mnt

Has  anyone  been able  to  print  successfully  using Novell  Netware
mounted printers from a linux box?

marc

2. initscripts and libtermcap fail on install

3. Netware Client having problem mounting netware volume

4. Setting up SLIP/CSLIP

5. Can't create files on mounted Novell-Volumes

6. AfterStep problems

7. Error while cp'ing files from mounted Novell volumes

8. Help: RAID, Linux install.

9. Can't mount Novell volume using NCPFS

10. Can't Mount Novell Volume using NCPFS

11. Netware Mount - no file truncation on mounted volume.

12. SEEK HELP: mount via ncpmount(ipxutils) in RH7.1 a Novell Netware 5 NDS login

13. Ability to mount Netware volumes under Linux?