Connecting Win95 to Linux server via null modem

Connecting Win95 to Linux server via null modem

Post by Eugene Morozo » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello!
I would like to connect Win95 and Linux machines using TCP/IP over
null modem.  I've looked through Text Terminal HOWTO, Serial HOWTO,
NET-4-HOWTO and still doesn't understand what software needs to be
installed on Win95 and Linux.  Should I use sliplogin or mgetty on
Linux?
I would be grateful if someone will point me the right direction.
Eugene

--

1. How to connect PPPD & Win95 DUN via Null Modem

I apologize for being a bit off topic, but the Win newsgroups don't seem to
have the technical expertise found here :)

Does anyone know of how to get Win95 DUN to connect via a Null Modem to PPPD?

I'm running Win95 (osr2) on a laptop and am trying to connect to
my FreeBSD 2.2.1 using PPPD.

At present I have to connect a modem to the Laptop, go through all the modem
handshaking, then unplug the modem and quickly plug in the Null Modem - and
then it works....

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Null Modem driver for Win95, or should I
give up and write a script to make the PPPD pretend to do the modem
handshaking?

Thanks

Nigel

-----
Nigel Gorry
System Administrator
Zed.Net ISP, Radio 4KZ & Kool-FM
Innisfail, Queensland, Australia                   http://www.4kz.com.au/

2. Netscape in COL 2.2 Questions

3. Linux/Win95 to Linux Box Via Null-Modem, then to Internet

4. GNU C++ question

5. Win95 -> Linux via null-modem .... help!

6. SuSE 5.3 and KDE

7. Win95 to Linux network via null modem cable?

8. how to create a parking page

9. Win95<->Linux via null modem

10. Connect Win95 and Linux 2.x with null-modem cable

11. connect MS Windows and LINUX boxes via null modem cable?

12. connecting two with X-server via modem (Linux X <-modem-> Sun X)

13. Win95 --> ppp Linux server with null modem