SQUID-- USER AND PASSWORD POPP UP WINDOW FOR WINDOWS CLIENTS

SQUID-- USER AND PASSWORD POPP UP WINDOW FOR WINDOWS CLIENTS

Post by Suraj Siddiqu » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

IS IT POSSIBLE FROM THE SQUID TO CHECK USER NAME AND PASSWORD ON WINDOWS
CLIENTS AS IF IN MS PROXY ASKING USER NAME AND PASSWORD TO CONNECT TO THE
INTERNET ,

Post by Jussi Torhone » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> IS IT POSSIBLE FROM THE SQUID TO CHECK USER NAME AND PASSWORD ON WINDOWS
> CLIENTS AS IF IN MS PROXY ASKING USER NAME AND PASSWORD TO CONNECT TO THE
> INTERNET ,

Yes. See http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.6

Jussi

1. A Linux user converts back to Windows; was Re: Converting a few Windows users...

Come on Peter you have to admit that the original post reads like a
'religious zealot' telling us all of his latest attempts to convert
unbelievers to cause......

As an alternative have a read of this.....

A Linux user goes back.
By Tony kNIGits Collins.

Introduction...
In much of today's online news, we hear of how many people are migrating
to GNU/Linux. What we don't seem to hear much of, is users going back to
their old operating systems. The reason for this article is to say that
I've done just that.

Yes, I've gone back. After three and a half years of trying to make
GNU/Linux work on the desktop, I've decided that it's simply too hard
for the average home user. Before I go into my reasons for going back,
let me outline what I believe an 'average' home user is. Mr Joe Average
is someone who wants to install their OS, boot it up, and it works. He
wants to be able to upgrade his PC , and have the hardware work in a few
short minutes. He wants to read email, browse the web, talk to his mates
online, and play some games. Feel free to disagree with me, this is
merely how I see myself. Note: I'm not referring to Grandma using Linux,
or even my mum using it. I'm referring to average users who know a
little about their computer.

Three and a half years; that's how long I've been trying to make Linux
work on my desktop computer. Right about now, I'm sure that you are now
screaming that I didn't try hard enough, or that I'm just plain stupid.
Let me assure you that this is not the case. Stupid users don't doggedly
stick at something for three and a half years, trying distribution after
distribution in the hope of finding the holy grail of Linux desktops.
They give up in less than a few hours of trying to (unsuccessfully)
install RedHat Linux. Hear now my sad tale of why Linux isn't suitable
for my desktop.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~knigits/articles/switched_back.html

-----------------------------
# Been there, done that. Linux will not take me where I want to go. I
hung all the Linux CDs in my grape vines to keep the birds away.
Mike, alt.os.windows-xp

See Found Images at :

2. Format of zplay or vm with vgetty+sendfax

3. Strange behavior using IPTables / Squid / Windows Clients.

4. Intel i740 agp video card

5. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

6. Error during creation of swap space

7. X-Window client for MS Windows

8. DOSEMU Trouble!!!

9. I want to see a X-Windows session in some sort of Windows 2000 client

10. MS windows X window client - is it possible...

11. Standalone Linux Server with Windows 98 and Windows XP clients

12. X windows clients cause X windows server to loop

13. 2.4.3 tcp window id causes problems talking to windows clients