Netware Server & Linux Client Problem

Post by Tsao » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I work for a company that only allows Win95 to access their Netware servers.
I use Linux Redhat 6.0. When I was using RH 5.2 I was able to see the
Netware Servers. Now that I installed 6.0 I get a "slist: No server found in
ncp_open".

I tried everything possible on my side and I can't contact my company's help
desk idiots who have no idea what IPX is in the first place.

Thanks for reading this far
Tsao

Post by Gregory D. Horn » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I work for a company that only allows Win95 to access their Netware servers.
> I use Linux Redhat 6.0. When I was using RH 5.2 I was able to see the
> Netware Servers. Now that I installed 6.0 I get a "slist: No server found in
> ncp_open".

Caldera has developed and distributes a Netware Client disk for Novell
Netware.  I am not sure whether you can download it for free or have to order
the disk.  Comments anyone?
Quote:

> I tried everything possible on my side and I can't contact my company's help
> desk idiots who have no idea what IPX is in the first place.

> Thanks for reading this far
> Tsao

Netware Server & Linux Client Problem

Post by Michael Pusater » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I had the same slist problem.

After I configured the IPX stack with:

ipx_configure --auto_interface=on --auto_primary=on

I was unable to slist with any result.  After I ncpmounted the first
volume, I was then able to 'see' the rest of the servers.  If you have
trouble ncpmounting, I found the link below helpful.

Here's where I got my help:

http://limestone.uoregon.edu/woven/HOWTO/IPX-HOWTO-8.html

Good Luck.  Email me if you need more help, I'll do what I can.

-Michael