IP Masquerading Up and running BUT

Post by Rogue200 » Thu, 03 May 2001 07:36:59

I have been able to browse the web with no problems at all, but I am
unable to get my email or newsgroups from my ISP using the W2K PC.
I'm connected to the web via a cable modem and the news settings I use
to use when cable modem was connected to W2K pc was "news-server" and
"pop-server" mail in and "mail-hub"out going email.
Not to sure what I have to do.
Thanks

IP Masquerading Up and running BUT

Post by Dean Thompso » Thu, 03 May 2001 10:49:01

Hi!,

Quote:> I have been able to browse the web with no problems at all, but I am
> unable to get my email or newsgroups from my ISP using the W2K PC.
> I'm connected to the web via a cable modem and the news settings I use
> to use when cable modem was connected to W2K pc was "news-server" and
> "pop-server" mail in and "mail-hub"out going email.
> Not to sure what I have to do.

Take a look at your ipchains and see whether or not you are allowing outbound
connections to these services and that you are allowing ports greater than
1024 back into your system.

See ya

Dean Thompson

IP Masquerading Up and running BUT

Post by Rogue200 » Thu, 03 May 2001 18:10:25

I fix the news and incoming mail by doing what I do at work to recieve from
my account using another ISP. pop-server.bigpond.net.au and
news-server.bigpond.net.au
but I don't understand what I've got to do to get the mail out (mail-hub).
Could you send an example ipchain rule so I could see?
Thanks.
"
Quote:> Take a look at your ipchains and see whether or not you are allowing
outbound
> connections to these services and that you are allowing ports greater than
> 1024 back into your system.

1. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

Hello

I have a linux box which should work as router for two subnets to the internet.
One subnet has valid IP addresses but the other subnet with private IPs has to be masqueraded. Is it possible to masquerade this subnet with an IP address from the other subnet or with the IP of the router port which is connected to the valid subnet and not with the IP address of the router port which is connected to the internet which is the default?

regards
Klaus

2. USB: mounting question

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. CNN: Is Linux poised to topple Microsoft?

5. Solution for Linux IP Masquerade users to run Warftpd behind a firewall! =)

6. Mail forwarding,

7. IP masquerading/firewalling with a Sparc running Linux?

8. IBM prep

9. If I Run IP Masquerade, Is DNS Absolutely Necessary?

10. Is it possible to run internal routing and IP Masquerading at the same FreeBSD box?

11. Is it possible to run Netmeeting through IP Masquerade?

12. running Win 98 update through ip masquerade

13. Running X through a IP masquerading