Retrieving only certain mails from a POP3 server

Retrieving only certain mails from a POP3 server

Post by Gareth Stephen » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
    If anynody could help I'll be a step closer to an M$ free zone...well
for me at least.
    This is the problem.  I much prefer using Linnux but the rest of theppl
in my house find it 'hard', so they use NT to view mail.  However when I
come to use Linux it downlaods _all_ the mail automatically, regardless of
whether there is an account for the other person on the Linux box.  To work
around this I have disabled sendmail.  But what I really want is to be able
to download mail for just people with accounts on the Linux box and leave
the rest on the POP3 server.
    Can this be done with fetchmail or procmail?  Would the movemail utility
with etscape help?  If you're not sure what I'm gibbering on about just ask
:)

    Thanks in advance,
            Gareth Stephens,

"Windows is packaged with Solitaire (ooh)!
Linux is distributed with Doom ... you can have your deck of cards,
I'll take a chainsaw!"

   --- paraphrase from comp.os.linux.advocacy