Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

Post by Craig Stratto » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I need to (temporarily) receive mail (via UUCP) for two different
> domains.

Each person on our network receives mail for four domains,
which our server is responsible for. If this is what you want then :-
Set up your machine as a primary server for both domains.
I presume you have a named.domain1 file already so, set up a
named.domain2 file for your second domain and put the mailhost
as domain1 mailhost. Put CNAME entries in this file pointing to
each of the people who receive mail for two domains.
The Cw line in sendmail.cf may also need the 2nd domain name entry in too.
Regards, Craig.

1. Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

I need to (temporarily) receive mail (via UUCP) for two different
domains.

So far my reading of the docs and config files suggests howto deal with
out going mail but not incoming.

I am using sendmail.

Any help would be appreciated, and if possible please (also) e-mail since
this usenet feed seems slow lately (and I currently have a message
bouncing back and forth between my (uucp) provider and my machine :-(

TIA.
--
     Joan Aiken    |              ----- J T 1 M D -----
  Toronto, Canada  |              Just Try One More Day    ;-)

2. Remote printer problems

3. Can I configure multiple domain names to dhcpd.conf "option domain-name"?

4. Texas Instrument PCI7420 PCMCIA controlers don't see any PCMCIA Card

5. how can a machine has both a real domain name and a bogus domain name?

6. Sunfire 880 Disk Partitioning

7. changing domain name on many machines - is there a howto?

8. suEXEC problem: QUERY_STRING not set

9. two domains on one machine

10. Multiple Domain Names on One Machine

11. DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

12. Domain Name - Can I have two on one Linux Box?

13. how to put TWO valid domain names on ONE host?