pppd & pppoe & dsl & 2.4.1

Post by Harmon Seave » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:18:49

      Got 2.4.1 working pretty well, trying to get my dsl modem working
(Ameritech) , and compiled pppoe (along with packet sockets and experimental
drivers) into my kernel (not a module) and got the latest pppd from mostrow,
along with the tarred version of pppoe from Raging Penguin, still no joy.
      I get message in my logs that pppd was not compiled into my kernel and is
not available as a module -- but all the ppp options were in there except for
multiline so I can't figure out what the problem is. I would think that the
pppd install would put the modules where they belong, but possibly not????

pppd & pppoe & dsl & 2.4.1

Post by tres » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:14:05

I am in the same boat, except my DSL modem is a  Westell Wirespeed,  if you find
the answer I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks Tres

>       Got 2.4.1 working pretty well, trying to get my dsl modem working
> (Ameritech) , and compiled pppoe (along with packet sockets and experimental
> drivers) into my kernel (not a module) and got the latest pppd from mostrow,
> along with the tarred version of pppoe from Raging Penguin, still no joy.
>       I get message in my logs that pppd was not compiled into my kernel and is
> not available as a module -- but all the ppp options were in there except for
> multiline so I can't figure out what the problem is. I would think that the
> pppd install would put the modules where they belong, but possibly not????

pppd & pppoe & dsl & 2.4.1

   Duh, forgot to do the "mknod c 108 0" on /dev/ppp.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS     Systems Librarian
Arrowhead Library System        *ia, MN

1. pppd & pppoe & dsl & 2.4.1

      Got 2.4.1 working pretty well, trying to get my dsl modem working
(Ameritech) , and compiled pppoe (along with packet sockets and experimental
drivers) into my kernel (not a module) and got the latest pppd from mostrow,
along with the tarred version of pppoe from Raging Penguin, still no joy.
      I get messages in my logs that pppd was not compiled into my kernel and is
not available as a module -- but all the ppp options were in there except for
multilink so I can't figure out what the problem is. I would think that the
pppd install would put the modules where they belong, but possibly not????

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS     Systems Librarian
Arrowhead Library System        Virginia, MN

2. freshmeat.net?

4. Any known BUG in --> fcntl( fd, F_SETFL, O_NDELAY );

6. Does anyone know the mscreen command as well as the scosh shell for SCO-Unix?

7. 没有人用中文吗?

8. Need help with VPN in Linux using PoPToP

9. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

10. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?

11. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

12. &&&&&& NEEED HELP COMPAQ AND XXXXXXXXXXX

13. pppoe & static ips & sbc business dsl