Newbie networking on RH7.0, need detailed help

Newbie networking on RH7.0, need detailed help

Post by Clayton Cheun » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 02:30:07

Hi, I have a LAN in my home, with laptop, win,and Linux as clients
sharing a DSL conection. All laptop and windows works fine, but on one
system with Linux, I don't know what to do.

The server used Sygate software, and all the win clients used Sygate as
well, so I have no problem for win.

The gateway is 192.168.0.1, dns is 192.168.0.1, IP for Linux box is
192.168.0.4, network mask is 255.255.255.0.

I am really new in Linux networking, so I don't know where to set it up. I
know that there is a program called network-configurator in RH control-
panel, but I tried to enter the values but failed to activate the interface.
Is that because I entered stuff in wrong place, cause on some field which I
dont understand I just guess. With the above infomations, can anyone tell me
how to set it up in step by step? or prehaps point me to somewhere else??

I am using a netgear FA311, is that suppoted in Linux?

1. need newbie-flavoured help with RH7.1 / Win98 network

I have a network of 5 W98 machines set up in my house, with a RH7.1
router feeding them all to cable, and one RH7.1 workstation also on
the same network for me to learn on.  The router and all W98 machines
can get on the net, but the RH7.1 machine can't.  I'd like to hear
from someone with gentle patience who can take me through what I need
to look for to solve this

2. bash script fetch email address

3. RH7.0 and Network Card - Help a newbie please

4. Broken lp module and Canon BJ-200

5. Newbie Alert: can't get two networks working in RH7.1

6. Cirrus Logic 7555 PCI Micron Display

7. Newbie: Installing RH7.0 over network

8. Network card advice needed

9. Newbie Q - Networking Win2k w/ RH7

10. Network problems with 3c595 on 100T network (detailed)

11. RH7.0 -> RH7.1 upgrade kills networking

12. Need help with Linux network, newbie

13. Newbie needs help with peculiar network monitoring problem