1. Using 2 ethernet cards with Linux<->Novell
I'm trying to setup a Linux box to act as a telnet responder for our Novell
network. I've been able to telnet in and run dosemu fine, but Novell doesn't
like it when I try to log in twice from the same ethernet card (i.e. running
dosemu twice and trying to log in both times).
So I put in another ethernet card, and edited Space.c in the linux/drivers/net
directory to handle eth0 and eth1. I also edited pktdrvr.c in the dosemu
source code to attach to eth1, but it attaches to eth0. I can configure
eth0 and eth1 using ifconfig, but it appears that eth0 is handling both
addresses. I check eth1 after it's been configured, and it is receiving
packets, but not transmitting. From the numbers, it looks like eth0 is
handling all of the traffic.
Has anyone else run into this, and were you able to solve it? I would like
to eventually put in a total of 4 cards into this box.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
| Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even |
| though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits |
| who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey |
| twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt |
| There is no system problem that can't be solved by deleting files and |
| removing users. -- B.O.F.H. |
2. LILO on diskette & recompile
3. [Fwd: DHCPD and two ethernet cards]
4. Delete remaining lines below a found string?
5. Please help with dhcpd and 2 ethernet cards
6. Konqueror loses wheel response
7. Novell and SMC ethernet, Problem with 8 bit (wd8003) cards/driver
8. tcsh/ftp problem
9. Network Driver for NOVELL NE/2 Ethernet-Card
10. Novell Superlan2 ethernet card
11. Novell NE3200 Ethernet Card
12. OT: Are Cardbus Fast Ethernet cards REALLY FASTER than PCMCIA Fast Ethernet cards
13. 3COM ethernet card and NE2000 ethernet card