PCMCIA Olicom GoCard

Post by rido » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi all

After read the PCMCIA HOWTO, I can't get my Olicom
Gocard Eth/modem running in my old laptop (486DX100, 20 MB).

First I've tried with debian 2.1, the support for PCMCIA services
is excellent, but I get only the same error : can't localte hardware
address, note that the modem "cs_serial" works all right...

Ie also tried with RedHat6.0 (only a stop error in the setup after
load the pcmcia.img dsk), also with RedHat 5.2 (here I can get
the PCMCIA model, also specify parameters)... But it doesen't
work..

Has anybody get this PC card running under linux?

Thanx

    Rido

PCMCIA Olicom GoCard

Post by Fran » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Works ok as a modem but I can't get the ethernet going either.
Saint David apparantly dosn't think the ethernet will work either.

We live in hope

Fran

> Hi all

> After read the PCMCIA HOWTO, I can't get my Olicom
> Gocard Eth/modem running in my old laptop (486DX100, 20 MB).

> First I've tried with debian 2.1, the support for PCMCIA services
> is excellent, but I get only the same error : can't localte hardware
> address, note that the modem "cs_serial" works all right...

> Ie also tried with RedHat6.0 (only a stop error in the setup after
> load the pcmcia.img dsk), also with RedHat 5.2 (here I can get
> the PCMCIA model, also specify parameters)... But it doesen't
> work..

> Has anybody get this PC card running under linux?

> Thanx

>     Rido

PCMCIA Olicom GoCard

Post by David Hin » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

: Works ok as a modem but I can't get the ethernet going either.
: Saint David apparantly dosn't think the ethernet will work either.

I recently got an email claiming that the ethernet side is actually
3c589 compatible.  You're welcome to try updating /etc/pcmcia/config
to that effect; it seems unlikely to me, but if you can confirm that
it works, please let me know...

-- Dave Hinds

PCMCIA Olicom GoCard

Post by rido » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi David, Fran..

This morning I went to my office, geting the next results...

When the kernel was booting with the pc card inserted, I get
a big error at boot time, although when I inserted the card
once the machine has finished booting, it seems works ok, at least
I can see the hardwaress address with ifconfig.

But when I plugged into the network, and tryed to make my
first ping, everything goes down...

so, bad news....:-((

I think it doesn't works with the 3com drivers...

I'm sorry, but thanks anyway...

Ciao
  Rido

                    http://www.searchlinux.com