sendmail 8.8.0 with linux

Post by J Rufin » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed sendmail 8.8.0 in my linux machine. However, in
/var/log/maillog there appears some messages that look like this:

NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11

Just wondering what this means and how to get rid this message.
TIA.

jeff.-

sendmail 8.8.0 with linux

Post by Stephane Bortzmey » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I have installed sendmail 8.8.0 in my linux machine. However, in
> /var/log/maillog there appears some messages that look like this:

> NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11

If you recompiled yourself the BIND software, be sure to include:

-lresolv

in the sendmail Makefile (LIBS variable).

(The format of resolver messages changed recently and upgrading
BIND means upgrading the headers. So you have to be sure you use
the latest resolv library, not the one included in libc or
somewhere else.)

1. sendmail & dns on a linux 2.2 kernel (Suse 6.1)

I've noticed that in the sendmail.cf file the serviceswitch options is
ignored on my linux system (kernel 2.2 Suse 6.1 ).  whatever values i
put in the defined fiel (/etc/service.switch), sendmail keeps doing
DNS-lookups at moments i really don't won't him to do.  I've solved the
problem by changing my /etc/nsswitch.conf file ("hosts   files" where it
was " host   files,dns".  Now sendamil doe not do any DNS lookup, but
(of course) Squid doesn't either.  Is there a way to say that only
sendmail can't do dns-lookup, but other processes can (like squid)?

Vincent

2. Mapping s[dt] <-> sg?

3. How to configure sendmail for a HOME-LAN linux server

4. boot hangs after installing new drive

5. Pre-compiled Sendmail 8.6.12 for Linux?

6. make: same procedures for multiple targets

7. Where is Sendmail 5.67+IDA1.5 for Linux?

8. Installing Man Pages

9. sendmail, mail, mailer-problems on linux-PC

10. Sendmail 8.7.5 and Linux 2.0.20 (host name lookup failure)

11. dbm error in Sendmail 8.8.8 with Linux

12. sendmail 8.7.5 & LINUX: Where's /usr/include/ndbm.h ?

13. sendmail on a stand-alone Linux box with PPP connection