Please help me with some info on remote Booting and boot PROMs..!

Please help me with some info on remote Booting and boot PROMs..!

Post by Boyan Biando » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 07:24:07

Hi
Why is that no info can bbe found on BOOTPD and details about setting a
remote boot computer. I mean remote-boot that loads its OS as well as net
settings (IP address...) from the BOOTP server. All FAQs give basic info.
I need info starting from what remote-reset PROM will work, on what card.
Then how to create the OS boot file on the server, ...well stuff that you
really need if you want to use bootpd!

I there is a FAQ on bootp I will sure appreciate to point me there.
Thanks for any feedbback!
BBoyan
--

1. Why no info on remote booting and boot PROMs ..?

Why there is no docs about remote booting? No HOWTOs or manuals...
I need to know few thinggss
1. What boot PROM to use in my NIC
2. How to creade binary images (the boot file) for different OSs and
setup ftp so I can really have diskless stations
3. Setup bootpd ???
4. Anything else..

I appreciate the network manuals and so but they lack any bootp inof!!!
--

2. ***Error compiling procps-1.0.1 in a.out****

3. Why no info on remote booting and boot PROMs Interface Cards..??

4. Storm Linux Installation Problem

5. Why NO INFO on remote booting and boot PROMS/CARD ..??

6. Summa Sketch III Driver?

7. Need info on remote booting. PROMs and so...

8. Confused by pmap output for mmap-ed files

9. Why no info on Remote booting and bott PROMs..??!!!

10. Uanble to boot with LINUX boot disk - new user - help help help, PLEASE !!

11. Info On NIC Boot Proms For Diskless Systems

12. Are there remote Boot Prom for NE2000 or 3Com NICS