3c575-TX, Gateway 9100

Post by Anil P » Sun, 18 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone managed to get the combination of the 3com 3c575-TX Fast Etherlink
card and the Gateway solo 9100 XL to work.  I'm running Red Hat 4.2, with
a 2.0.30 kernel, i have the latest pcmcia package, but the card is
only recognized as an "Anonymous Memory Card".  The card is recognized
alright by windoze 95.  I've gone through every readme and HOWTO that
i could find, to no avail.  It probably doesn't help much that i'm just
begining to feel my way around this stuff.

While i'm at it, for some reason linux doesn't seem to be able to recognize
anything in socket zero, but as in not even acknowledging that anything's
been put in there.  For example, i can get my megahertz modem to work from
socket 1, but if i put it in socket 0, i am told that no cards have been
installed.  Again, both sockets work okay through windows95.

I would be deeply, perennially, embarrasingly grateful if someone could
point me in the right direction.

Thanks

anil pal

1. 3c575-TX CardBus + kernel 2.0.33

I'm trying to get a 3c575-TX CardBus NIC working in my Transmonde Vibrant
laptop and have so far been doing everything that's said to do on Donald
Becker's 'PC Card and Ethernet Page'.  But I was just wondering -- doesn't one
have to tell the kernel which card to use when you're doing a 'make config'?
(I know that's what I did for my desktop.)

However, the 3c575 isn't listed version 2.0.33's 3Com card section.  I have the
3c59x_cb.o file in /lib/modules/2.0.33/pcmcia as described in Becker's page
(http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/pcmcia/), but I was just wondering if or
how you tell the kernel about that module or if you just have modprobe load it
automagically or something.  I'd sure appreciate any help available.  Thanks
in advance.

Best regards,

-Charlie

--
WWW: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~cbebber
PGP: 768/2F9B4879  35 93 D1 42 D0 45 44 CB  E7 8F 64 37 FB FD 54 5C

2. vfxs versus ufs question

3. 3Com 3C575-TX setup

4. cannot intuit interface index and type

5. EtherLink XL Cardbus -- 3C575-TX -- very slow.

6. NT loader and FreeBSD

7. 3Com 3C575-TX Driver

8. Files larger than 2Gb

9. 3com PCMCIA Card (3com Fast Etherlink XL 3C575-TX)

10. config 3C575-tx

11. 3COM 3C575-TX Cardbus NIC drivers

12. 3Com 3C575-TX setup