May I ask a question about makefile writing here?

May I ask a question about makefile writing here?

Post by Vive l'amo » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 01:44:38

Hi, I am sorry to ask questions that might look strange here.
I'd like to ask a question about GNU makefile writing.

I'm wondering if the following pseudo target rule is possible for
GNU make:

XYZ := a.c  b.c  c.c ...

foo:
      ABC = XYZ
      BCD = Some shell command output string (a string separated by spaces)
      ABC -= BCD
      gcc -o test $(ABC)

that is, Can I modify value of a macro or assign value to a maco within
target rule's command line? If it is possible, may I ask how to do that?

Thank you very much for bearing my stupid question.

David.

--
       zsww?                                        Y?
   qt    x   ??3qj???Tu{??s?   ?B?J?  ?          ?

   ?               http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~cfliu   ?          ?
   ?~w?  ~?   Dorm: 87903   Lab:31851              ????
   ??q}                                        zwrwrw{
       wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrwwwwwrw

Post by Vive l'amo » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 01:47:27

Hi, I am sorry to ask questions that might look strange here.
I'd like to ask a question about GNU makefile writing.

I'm wondering if the following pseudo target rule is possible for
GNU make:

XYZ := a.c  b.c  c.c ...

foo:
      ABC = XYZ
      BCD = Some shell command output string (a string separated by spaces)
      ABC -= BCD
      gcc -o test $(ABC)

that is, Can I modify value of a macro or assign value to a maco within
target rule's command line? If it is possible, may I ask how to do that?

Thank you very much for bearing my stupid question.

David.

1. May I ask a question about makefile writing here?

Hi, I am sorry to ask questions that might look strange here.
I'd like to ask a question about GNU makefile writing.

I'm wondering if the following pseudo target rule is possible for
GNU make:

XYZ := a.c  b.c  c.c ...

foo:
      ABC = XYZ
      BCD = Some shell command output string (a string separated by spaces)
      ABC -= BCD
      gcc -o test $(ABC)

that is, Can I modify value of a macro or assign value to a maco within
target rule's command line? If it is possible, may I ask how to do that?

Thank you very much for bearing my stupid question.

David.

2. isapnptools configuration

3. how elementary are the questions which may be asked on this SIG?

4. Gartner: Microsoft licensing could push users to StarOffice

5. may i ask question here?

6. IPAlias Problem (under 2.4 and 2.2)

7. Shell script question (may or may not be specific to pkgadd)

8. may i write ISR in user space?

9. Partitioning may have screwed up floppy disk writes

10. Mounting a dos filesystem so that normal users may write to it???

11. Need to sleep after aiowrite (or aio_write) to socket or write may not complete...

12. Socket to which related processes may read/write ?.