ERROR:mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

ERROR:mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Post by Wilson La » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have installed nfs server into my Intel-Linux-box ver. 2.0.30 RedHat 4.2
Then edit file exports and re-export file system and it can be mounted
by an other Intel-Linux-box ver.2.0.32 RedHat 5.0 which without nfs server
installed.

After we have installed an other Intel-Linux-box Redhat 5.0( with nfs
server
installed)  and try to mount Linux-box 2.0.30, but receive following
message after issued mount command:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Any idea of what's wrong ?
Any suggestion is welcome !

Wilson Lam

1. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Hello!

I am trying to mount a NFS volume on an old Linux 2.0.27 system
but recieve the following error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

The most confusing thing is that this mountpoint has worked
for several years...

The system is a RedHat 4.1 installation and I assumed
that nfs-server-2.2beta16-5 is the package involved.
Accordingly to rpm the files from the package are intact.

The NFS-server is a SunOS 5.7 system and the admin people
tell me that they know of no recent changes that could have
caused the previously working setup to fail...

I have check that rpc.nfsd is running and have rebooted the
system but the error remains.

Please Help!

/Bj?rn Medin

Bj?rn Medin
Product Manager
RF-IC and Modules

Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Isafjordsgatan 16, KISTA     Phone:  +46 8 757 4162
S-164 81 KISTA - STOCKHOLM   Mobile: +46 70 5677289
Sweden                       Telefax:+46 8 757 4236

2. Problem with NIS master Solaris 2.6

3. NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

4. mailer.flowgo.com ? (wrong newsgroup)

5. mount clntudp_create: RPC: program not registered

6. nfs hardware

7. getty with a 3-wire dumb terminal

8. mount clntudp_create:RPC:Program not registered

9. mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

10. clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

11. mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Authentication error

12. Network Error Question - Mount: RPC: Program Not Registered - Huh???