CompuServe PPP dial-up via RedHat 4.0?

Post by Jez Pa » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have just installed the new RedHat Linux 4.0, and am looking for
advice on how to set up the Network Configurator to dial up CIS PPP.

If anyone has the correct settings for the configurator could they
please let me know. Thanks.

Jez Page, Manchester UK

1. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

You are better off borrowing/buying/stealing a CD and loading a fresh 2.7
install.
From what I've heard, there are issues with upgrading via CVS.  Plus, it's
_SLOW_.
Trust me. If you don't have the cash (US $30, I believe) you could probably
ask
somebody to copy their 2.7 CD for you (hint,hint).  Of course, buying the CD
makes
OBSD 2.8 and higher a possibility, which is a Good Thing.

Good luck.

2. dynamic timestamps in log

3. Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

4. Linux Sparc Boxes - Great Prices - Even Co-Location! from $85.00

5. Comtrol Hostess 550 16 port

6. RedHat Linux 4.0 install via ppp-ftp

7. Compiler Problems

8. Getting Mail from Compuserve via PPP

9. ppp connection via Compuserve

10. PPP via Compuserve

11. dial-up problems via PPP

12. Is RedHat configured for Email via dial-up ISPs?