PPPoE and SNET SBC Yahoo DSL

Post by Gary Desrosier » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:58:44

Anyone have experiences with the above? Should I even bother to go down
this path or not?

PPPoE and SNET SBC Yahoo DSL

Post by Allen Kistle » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:58:51

> Anyone have experiences with the above? Should I even bother to go down
> this path or not?

No.  Nobody uses SBC or Yahoo.  They're about to go out of business any
second now.

Seriously, keep a Windows machine handy for the initial registration.
Then toss it.  I use Roaring Penguin PPPoE from the RP site on an RH9
box.  I had to tweak it minorly to get it to work on RH7.3, but it works
without tweaks on the RH9 box.  YMMV.

PPPoE and SNET SBC Yahoo DSL

Post by David Efflan » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:04:16

> Anyone have experiences with the above? Should I even bother to go down
> this path or not?

I use SBC Yahoo adsl, but in Ameritech rather than SNET.  If you have an
ethernet modem (I have 5360), it should be no problem.  I initially tried
both rp-pppoe and kernel pppoe, both of which work, although, kernel pppoe
seems more efficient.  Either was easy to set up in SuSE.  And
firewall/masq is just like dialup, since it uses ppp0 interface.

For more specific info you might see if you can find some Linux users on
the SNET forum of http://www.broadbandreports.com/

1. PPPoE (sbc/yahoo dsl) working?

Hi,
    I recently recieved my sbc/yahoo dsl kit (modem,nic,etc.); but I have
had the worst time getting it to work in linux. My nic is working fine (had
speakeasy before, worked fine), but man PPPoE is really frustrating me. I
spent a couple hours fiddling trying to get it to work, I compiled the
latest ppp and rp-pppoe sources, no luck. I recompiled my kernel (2.4.21)
with PPPoE support, no luck. Any help would be apreciated.

P.S: I did notice when I ran adsl-start that the activity light on my dsl
modem would flash, so it is trying something.

2. Collisions on 10Mbps w/2.2

3. SBC Yahoo DSL with Linux PPPoE

4. Adaptec 1740A Technical Reference

5. 2 Wire wireless card from SBC/Yahoo dsl

6. parport broken?

7. Can SBC/Yahoo DSL be used with a SUN Sparc 10?

8. 2.4.0 VFS panic on iopener (VIA motherboard)

9. pppoe, static ips & sbc business dsl

10. pppoe, ethernet, westell wirespeed, SBC, DSL, SuSE support

11. pppoe & static ips & sbc business dsl

12. anyone running SBC DSL PPPoE with Redhat?

13. Linux on SBC Yahoo