Problem with Apache+mod_ssl in setting VirtualHost

Problem with Apache+mod_ssl in setting VirtualHost

Post by Dave » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 06:05:10

Hi all,

I have apache with mod_ssl installed in my system, the default site is

working fine with HTTP and HTTPS.  However, I can setup another
virtualhost with ssl enable, here is my set-up

<VirtualHost IP_1:443>
ServerName Domain_1
DocumentRoot "/www/path_1"
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /......./server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile  /....../server.key
</VirtualHost>

I can start the apache with "apachectl startssl", but when I check
with "httpd -S", here is the error I got.

Syntax error on line 1284 of /usr/local/conf/httpd.conf
Invalid command 'SSLEngine", perhaps mis-spelled or defined a module
not included in ther server configuration.

I am using apache 1.3.14, mod_ssl of 2.7.1 and openssl of 0.9.6,
I have already search for all old mail archives, documents and web
pages.  For those who sucessfully settup virtualhost with ssl, please
share your httpd.conf here, I am sure you help many newbies like me
here.

Thanks a lot
Dave

Problem with Apache+mod_ssl in setting VirtualHost

Post by Hans-Henrik T. Ohls » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>SSLEngine on
>SSLCertificateFile /......./server.crt
>SSLCertificateKeyFile  /....../server.key

Do you have:

<IfDefine HAVE_SSL>

above it, and:

</ifdefine>