Linux ppp server for Win 3.1 via nul modem

Linux ppp server for Win 3.1 via nul modem

Post by Michel Aucler » Sat, 13 Jan 1996 04:00:00

HELP !!!
I'm desperatly trying to make a connection between WINDOWS3.1 and
LINUX  via a null modem cable.
I use the TrumpetWinsock 2.0 to log under LINUX and it works quite
good. Then I run pppd under WinSock. I receive caracters for a while (about 20s) and after the connection hangs up and I get the prompt again.

My PPPD parameters are -detach local crtscts. Is it correct ?

On the other hand I don't know exatcly what to put in the set-up
fields of TrumpetWinsock. Actually I took the same parameters
I use to log into my current Internet provider (FranceNet) :
IP adress : 194.2.144.210
 Name server : 194.2.144.1
Domain Suffix : francenet.fr
MTU : 256
TCP RWIN : 864
TCP MSS : 216
VJ CSLIP active
DCD check active

Sorry for beeing so boring but I've been searching for one week
and I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown :--)
Thank in advance to any guru of the PPP null modem !

1. Linux PPP server for WIN 3.1 via null modem

[...]

2. Question about Red Hat Linux 6.2

3. How do I setting my Win 3.1 client with Linux mail server via ADSL Modem?

4. Can't see originating client with reverse proxy

5. PPP connection via mac or win modem dialup to dedicated Linux ppp server

6. origin of finger command?

7. ppp-2.3.1 won't listen to modem

8. Linux Mach 64 Server Works Better Than OEM Windows Driver!

9. how to setup null modem network between linux box and win 3.1 laptop

10. Win 95, Win 3.1 and Linux sharing the same swap?

11. Using LILO to dual-boot Win ME and Win 3.1, NO Linux installed?

12. connecting two with X-server via modem (Linux X <-modem-> Sun X)

13. #9GXE64 & XFree 3.1 - Server won't start