setting up Linux as a firewall and proxy server

setting up Linux as a firewall and proxy server

Post by Yuji It » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm new to Linux. For an economic reason, I would like to set up Linux as a
firewall and
proxy server. Obviously I don't want to spend too much time learning how to
set them
up. Sorry for asking a very general question, but could anyone please tell
me how difficult the
setup is going to be? I don't have any admin. experience in the Unix/Linux
environment. However, I have a lot of experiences administering  the
NT-based
networks. Also could you please point me to good resources for setting them
up?
Thanks,
Yuji

setting up Linux as a firewall and proxy server

Post by Michael Robinso » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Check out the HOWTO on this subject:

http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html

G'Luck,

Michael

Due to massive amounts of unsolicited email
I have been forced to use some ridiculous spam
guards.

To reply directly to me, please use the following address:

kaaos (at) san (dot) rr (dot) com

Thanks