minicom

Post by pty » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

i wanted to test and configure my modem using minicom. when i issue , it
only give a black screen, something not installed , not working. how can i
reinstall minicom ? I am using redhat 6.0.

minicom

Post by uswes » Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Try "ctrl-a" than "z".  This should bring up the minicom command summary :-)

...bill

Quote:> i wanted to test and configure my modem using minicom. when i issue , it
> only give a black screen, something not installed , not working. how can i
> reinstall minicom ? I am using redhat 6.0.

1. Minicom Alt-Q quits more than just Minicom

Hi,

I am a new user of Linux and want to set up PPP badly.  However, I've read the
HOWTO and followed the structions but just can't get it working.  What I've
got so far :-

1)I can dial in to my ISP using Minicom and logged in all right.
2)I can type in ppp at the prompt and garbage showed up (talking)

After that, I followed the instruction and type in <Alt-Q>, but when I do so,
not only the MINICOM quits but also the whole x-term will disappear leaving
the /dev/modem locked (when I pick up the phone, there is a dial tone so I
know it hanged up too).  My /etc/ppp/options file and /etc/resolv.conf look
as follow :-

modem
crtscts
defaultroute
asyncmap 0
mtu 552
mru 552

-------
and my /etc/resolv.conf :-

domain 137.186.128.11
       198.53.64.7
nameserver 10.25.0.1

---------

Thanks for any help.  I really appreciate it.

2. Stronghold 2.3 recompillation error with swdl.o

3. SliRp/Minicom: Starting Slirp through minicom?

4. full feature wordprocessor?

5. To Minicom or not to Minicom

6. Strange behaviour when installing

7. Kppp, ppp, minicom HELP?

8. memory usage - continued - iCache/Dentry cacheing bug???

9. updating minicom

10. Minicom Error: "cua2: 1 input overrun(s)"

11. NEWBIE: DOWNLOADING WITH MINICOM

12. does minicom work with 8 bit characters?

13. problem with backspace and minicom