NCD X-Terminal w/ Linux server

Post by -=sandy= » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I aquired a pre-owned NCD X-Terminal. I have it on the same network as a
RedHat Linux 6.1 DHCP/BOOTP server so it gets all its networking info
okay (routing/hostname/DNS) but I dont have a boot image so it fails
when it tries to get the boot image from the server using FTP. I cant
remember the model number but I can find it out later. Does anyone know
where I can get the boot image file from? contacting NCD is not an
option as it wasnt supplied with the original customer reference number
and they wont send the disks to me unless i can quote that number to them.

NCD X-Terminal w/ Linux server

Post by Ron Reede » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The NCD micro-code is lic software.

Maybe you could purchase a boot PROM...

I went to the NCD web site and asked this question to Tech Support...
I asked if either micro-code or Boot PROMs can be purchased.

I'll let you know what they reply.

:
: Maybe you could purchase a boot PROM...
:
: I went to the NCD web site and asked this question to Tech Support...
: I asked if either micro-code or Boot PROMs can be purchased.
:
: I'll let you know what they reply.
:
:

aha. i got the software off the original owner. now i've got the joys of
configuration ;-) this could take some time. it starts X but theres no
window manager so its the black and white screen with a pointer and
nothing else. the software seems to be designed to run on SunOS. i guess
i just need to mess about with config files.
XDM might also be an issue. I had to start that manually and specify the
location of its config file.

--

-=sandy dunlop=-
http://jaavaaguru.cjb.net

1. NCD X-Terminal and LINUX X-Server

Can I use a a NCD Standalone XWindows Terminal with LINUX's XWindows Server?
All this XWindows stuff is new to me. If this will work, what do I need to
do on the LINUX side to make this work. I've installed XWindows on LINUX
using the VGA Xwindows server. I can start a XWindows client on Linux using
Linux as the Server. How can I use the NCD X-Term? Thanks.

73's  de  Jack   -  kf5mg

+     I am Homer of Borg.... prepare to be assim... oooo... Donuts...     +

2. desktop size

3. NCD X-Terminal & Linux & Function keys ...

4. Building Windows--How A 'Real' OS is Developed

5. Will and NCD HMX X-terminal work with Linux??

6. Setting up a Modem

7. Linux + NCD X-terminal.

8. Gateway Solo 2500 and XWindows

9. NCD X-Terminal: Asking Linux for XDMCP session

10. Answerbook on NCD X-Terminal???

11. HELP!! need option of NCD X-terminal

12. 2.5/x86/NCD X-terminal

13. OpenWindows On NCD X-terminal