Token Ring Card

Post by Lothar Edelman » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

What Token Ring is supported by Linux.
We use in our office the Madge Smart 16/4 and I found no information  if
this Card id supported by Linux.
Where can I find information about this card (I tried the Suse Support
Database). If Linux not supported this card, which other card can you
recommend.

Thanks  Lothar

Token Ring Card

Post by Michael Knigg » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>What Token Ring is supported by Linux.

Standard TokenRing Cards with the Tropic Chipset from IBM (at least
ISA, I dont know about ISA PnP and PCI)...

At www.olicom.com there is also a Driver for their Token Ring
Cards. It works like a charm here with a ISA Olicom TokenRing
Card. BTW, this Driver also supports DMA !

Quote:>We use in our office the Madge Smart 16/4 and I found no information  if
>this Card id supported by Linux.

Jay Schulist has mentoned on his Linux SNA Page
(http://samba.anu.edu.au/linux-sna)
that Madge is currently developing a Linux Driver for their Token Ring
Cards.
But I found none to download at www.madge.com :-(

Quote:>Where can I find information about this card (I tried the Suse Support
>Database). If Linux not supported this card, which other card can you
>recommend.

The olicom works like a charm, but the latest Driver is for 2.0.34 afaik.
I dont know exactly for 2.1.x kernels.  I hope they will not stop
further development for their drivers....

I use here Cards from IBM, CNet and some NoName TR-Cards, all ISA with the
original IBM Tropic Chipset. They work all ok! But I never got a 3Com TR
Card working, at least when configuring to "IBM Mode"...

bye
  Michael

Token Ring Card

Post by Adrian Bridget » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

 > What Token Ring is supported by Linux.
 > We use in our office the Madge Smart 16/4 and I found no information  if
 > this Card id supported by Linux.

Some madge cards are supported - you need to email them though -

site for the correct address <g>)

Adrian

--

Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org

1. IBM token-ring cards & eathernet cards

Does anyone know where I can find Linix drivers for the following cards

    IBM EtherJet 10BASE T ISA Adapter
    IBM Turbo 16/4 Token-Ring ISA

or
    SMC 8100  Token ring card

also

has any body ever got an IBM NC (mine is token-ring but any info would be
welcome) hosted by a Linux machine.

The whole Idea sounds fun but I have no idea how to do it.

Ta.

John

2. Can't ping to/from linux box - how to start debug - tcpdump report hardware #6 ?

3. Adding Ethernet Card in place of Token ring card

4. deskjet 540. Printing from ghostscript.

5. Any token ring cards work with Linux?

6. AGP S3Trio3D 86C365 fails 24bpp

7. Token Ring card on X86?

8. How to forward external requests to internal machine?

9. Token Ring cards under SPARC Solaris 2.3

10. Problems with IBM PCMCIA Token Ring-Card

11. Driver for Madge Token Ring Card

12. Driver for IBM pcmcia token ring card

13. Boot problems with Token Ring Card