1. IBM Netfinity 4500 (PCnet/FAST III AMD 79C975)
I have 4 IBM Netfinity 4500's with dual 733's and 1gb ram each, they
are web servers, running Red Hat Linux 6.2 (piglet), Kernel 2.2.16,
2.2.19, and 2.4.4
The 4 Machines are in 2 different Data Centers connected to 4
different Cisco switches.
The problem we are having is an ENORMOUS amount of bad TX packets.
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:02:55:7C:D6:A6
inet addr:209.XXX.XXX.XXX Bcast:209.XXX.XXX.XXX
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:41886044 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:241 errors:42371808 dropped:0 overruns:0
Interrupt:27 Base address:0x2000
The NIC that is installed is an AMD 79C975 and we are using the
PCnet/FAST III driver that is found in the above kernel's.
pcnet32.c: PCI bios is present, checking for devices...
Found PCnet/PCI at 0x2000, irq 27.
eth0: PCnet/FAST III 79C975 at 0x2000, 00 02 55 7c d6 a6 assigned IRQ
We have double checked that we are setting the NIC to 100BaseTx Full
duplex. We have had IBM replace one of the logic boards (on board
nic) and whe have switched out all the network cables.
We are not seeing theses TX errors on the switches. From time to time
we do see a couple of hundred, but not the numbers we see on the
When we call IBM for support they of course tell us to call "Linux"
can someone please help, and they tell us that they do not support
Linux on theses machines!
2. Crative Labs PCI 64v
3. linux driver for AMD's pcNet-FAST III chip?
4. error reporting memory
5. IBM Netfinity 4500 NIC (PCnet/FAST III AMD 79C975)
6. answer to all problems
7. AMD PCnet FAST Card and FreeBSD
8. Can not install JDK1.2.2 from ports
9. OT: Are Cardbus Fast Ethernet cards REALLY FASTER than PCMCIA Fast Ethernet cards
10. activating AMD PCnet Ethernet card
11. AMD PCNET Ethernet Card setup problem
12. AMD PCNet PCI Ethernet Card Problem
13. Anyone able to get an AMD PCNET ethernet card running?