how do I use ws_ftp through the Linux firewall?

how do I use ws_ftp through the Linux firewall?

Post by Robert Chalmer » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

How do I use ws_ftp on a network inside the firewall, (10.0.0.1) to connect
to hosts anywhere on the outside of the firewall Linux server?

thanks
Robert

how do I use ws_ftp through the Linux firewall?

Post by (Frank » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Assuming you have IP Masquerading set up properly and are not blocking
FTP ports, you either need to set WS_FTP to utilize passive transfers
(the setting is in Properties --> Advanced on my version), or enable P
Masquerade module support in your kernel and insmod the ip_masq_ftp
module.

Frank

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:02:30 +1000, "Robert Chalmers"