linuxconf kills networking

Post by art.. » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

Each time I use linuxconf to add a user, after activating changes and
loging out, I lose network connectivity.  My /etc/sysconfig/network
and /ifcfg-eth0 file seem to be ok, but it's not until I run netconfig
that the network is restored.  Now that I think about it, it's quite
possible that activating changes after any task in linuxconf does the
same thing.  Any ideas?

Frank

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Steven Haig » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

> Each time I use linuxconf to add a user, after activating changes and
> loging out, I lose network connectivity.  My /etc/sysconfig/network
> and /ifcfg-eth0 file seem to be ok, but it's not until I run netconfig
> that the network is restored.  Now that I think about it, it's quite
> possible that activating changes after any task in linuxconf does the
> same thing.  Any ideas?

> Frank

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sort of the same problem, but why does linuxconf always want to kill
squid on exit?

--

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Web Addresses:
http://mps.comcen.com.au
http://www.comcen.com.au/~netwiz

Voicemail:
International: +61 3 8625 1342
Within Australia: 03 8625 1342

1. new gnome kills linuxconf??

Hi I've just installed gnome 0.30 and lots of other stuff (silly me!!)
on Rh5.1

My problem is now the configurator doesn't work. I think it's because
of some library stuff - although I was careful to upgrade/install...
# gnome-linuxconf: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.0: undefined symbol: GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR

[2]+  Exit 127                gnome-linuxconf

any ideas?

Regards
Peter

||              Mail:  School of Mathematics, Queensland University     ||
||                     of Technology,  GPO Box 2434, Brisbane  QLD 4001 ||

2. Constant Illegal Instructions, Seg Faults, and Core dumpages

3. KILL KILL KILL

4. top available for Dec/UNIX 3.2G?

5. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

6. AHA-2940/SyQuest/LiLo Problem

7. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

8. LCS-8634P network adaptor - which driver?

9. How to kill process which not killed by 'kill' ?

10. linuxconf's network time servers?

11. How do I get Apache option under Linuxconf, Config Networking, Server Tasks?

12. Linuxconf for remote network administration

13. RH 7.2, Ximian, linuxconf through su, and network switching weirdness