what is a good e-mail program?

Post by David Ma » Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Anyone know of some good e-mail programs to send and retrieve mail through
the internet? I've tried pine but ca't get it to connect to my mail server.

Thanx

what is a good e-mail program?

Post by Pavel TAVO » Fri, 24 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Anyone know of some good e-mail programs to send and retrieve mail through
>the internet? I've tried pine but ca't get it to connect to my mail server.

>Thanx

Why not pine. I have pine for DOS to and work very nice. I have two mail
servers and I connect without any problems. I thing you have problem with
protocol. For getting mail from other host use POP or remote access throught
some protocol ... (I don't remember this name) whitch use pine for working
with mail on another host.

PALO.

1. Any good email program for Solaris+X11

Hi:

I was using the zmail for quite a while but this product became "extinct."
Netmanage discontinued the product and ELM or PINE are too terse for
efficient use and not contemporary...

I also do not want use something like Netscape messenger as this program
is very simplistic and (what is worse) it is not reading and interpreting
the Unix .mailrc file or std shell env variables. I do not want have two
sets of aliases and other settings. I consider Netscape for Unix a badly
writen product.

Do you know of some good 3rd party product for Solaris which is
also interpreting the .mailrc settings?

Thanks,

Thomas.

2. Solaris 9 install loop

3. any good check-email program?

4. prueba

5. good email program

6. Solaris 9 and SunPCi

7. what is a good e-mail program?

8. sudo for SCO

9. good email program?

10. need recommendation for good TCP\IP program and Terminal Program for FREEBSD 2.2.6

11. Am I a good candidate for Linux?

12. I am interested in suggestions for a good OpenSource C++ IDE

13. Am I an idiot, or is there just no good backup software?