1. RH 5.1 flawless ftp-dhcp install; dhcp config retained; dhcp fails @ boot
DHCP fails to configure a network connection, even after it worked
wonderfully for an ftp install of RH 5.1 and I retained the network
configuration during the install process. The relevant message on the
console during bootup is: DHCP ... failed. The only message in
/var/log/messages that appears to be relevant is "no DHCPOFFER".
/sbin/ifconfig lists nothing for eth0.
A number of modules relevant to DHCP are loaded. I assume that all
necessary modules have been loaded. The eithernet card also appears
to be correctly recognized.
I've read but not yet tried the Red Hat hacks listed in the DHCPcd
mini-HOWTO. Has anyone successfully used these on RH 5.1?
Remove the underscore from my e-mail address to reply by mail.
3. DHCP Linux Client at NT-DHCP Server
4. Starging second X-Server/Display
5. Windows NT DHCP clients and SunOS 4.x BOOTPD+DHCP patches
6. HP MPE NetIPC <-> BSD sockets?
7. DHCP: How do I configure DHCP server dynamically?????
8. Linux is not secure - Proof
9. Sunray as DHCP client to NT DHCP server
10. dhcp on RedHat 5.1 and dhcp relay agent on NT 4.0
11. 3com 905b gets Ip address by using DHCP from NT DHCP server
12. Modifying dhcp options using omshell (ISC DHCP Implementation)
13. Doesn't like using DHCP as an option if no DHCP is available