Windows-Linux-Internet

Post by Magnus Gustavsso » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 05:14:32

Hello!

I have RedHat 7.0 on one computer and Win98 on two others, all installed
on a network.
I would like to have my Linux machine connecting to internet with a
modem and the two Win98 machines connecting to intenet via the
Linux-machine. How do I configure the Linux computer to make this work?
The internetconnection is working fine but I wont get the other
computers connected to the internet.
I have read many HOWTOs and mixed  with various config-files but it
doesnt work.

Thank you for all help!

Windows-Linux-Internet

Post by John Joseph Tramme » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 05:25:11

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:14:32 +0100, Magnus Gustavsson

> Hello!

> I have RedHat 7.0 on one computer and Win98 on two others, all installed
> on a network.
> I would like to have my Linux machine connecting to internet with a
> modem and the two Win98 machines connecting to intenet via the
> Linux-machine. How do I configure the Linux computer to make this work?
> The internetconnection is working fine but I won't get the other
> computers connected to the internet.
> I have read many HOWTOs and mixed  with various config-files but it
> doesn't work.

Which HOWTOs?  Which config files?  I think if you've already read the
IPCHANS and IP Masquerading HOWTOs, you should have all the information
you need.

Windows-Linux-Internet

Post by Carlos Nov » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 05:45:05

-Install ipchains
-Enable ip-forwarding
-Masq. Win Machines
-Set Linux Box as GW for Wins.

All of this at ip-masquerading and ipchains HOWTO.

Quote:> Hello!

> I have RedHat 7.0 on one computer and Win98 on two others, all installed
> on a network.
> I would like to have my Linux machine connecting to internet with a
> modem and the two Win98 machines connecting to intenet via the
> Linux-machine. How do I configure the Linux computer to make this work?
> The internetconnection is working fine but I wont get the other
> computers connected to the internet.
> I have read many HOWTOs and mixed  with various config-files but it
> doesnt work.

> Thank you for all help!

Windows-Linux-Internet

Post by Paul » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 08:48:37

I am running a dedicated firewall at home on RH 6.2 with IPCHAINS and Masq
support for one Win2k and on RH 7 box.

I used PM Firewall, it is a useful tool to get a basic set of IPCHAINS
rules. http://www.pointman.org/pmfirewall/

Like I said this is a basic set of rules, the HOW-TO's mentioned in the

Set your RH 7 box up as the default gateway for your Win machines, along
with the DNS addresses given to you by your ISP.

You should have IP chains installed

Quote:> Hello!

> I have RedHat 7.0 on one computer and Win98 on two others, all installed
> on a network.
> I would like to have my Linux machine connecting to internet with a
> modem and the two Win98 machines connecting to intenet via the
> Linux-machine. How do I configure the Linux computer to make this work?
> The internetconnection is working fine but I wont get the other
> computers connected to the internet.
> I have read many HOWTOs and mixed  with various config-files but it
> doesnt work.

> Thank you for all help!

1. Windows/Linux internet connection sharing.

Hi there.

I have two boxes, one Win2000 and one Linux, connected by ethernet. The
Windows box has a dial up internet connection, and I want to be able to
access the internet from the linux box too, using the windows one as a
router. I activated internet connection sharing in windows, and configured
it as a nameserver for linux, and I can resolve internet urls etc, but any
ip's outside my little lan are inaccessible from the linux box. What do I
need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,

-Pete.

2. More upgrading woes

3. Linux-Linux-Windows-Internet?

4. Have some questions:

5. Windows to Linux Internet Connection Sharing

6. Error compile fealnx.c

7. share Internet in Linux to Windows 2000

8. Newbie concern: New install security............................

9. internet sharing, Windows ME - Red Hat Linux

10. Do Windows & Linux use different line feeds (on the internet)?

11. Internet Gateway from Linux to Windows 95

12. Setting up shared Internet connection with a Linux client with a Windows 2000 server (gateway)

13. I need help setting up linux with my windows 98 Second edition internet sharing