Configure Linux as a router

Post by Sunil Josep » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:50:20

Hi,
        I have a RH 6.2 installation on a pentium, How do I configure this as a router?
Also does this configuration support OSPF (2.0)?
Any pointers to docs will help.
Thanks
Sunil

Configure Linux as a router

Post by Andrei Ivan » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:44:13

>    I have a RH 6.2 installation on a pentium, How do I configure this as a router?
> Also does this configuration support OSPF (2.0)?

Besides configuring two (or more) network interfaces, you have to
allow ip forwarding between these interfaces. This may be done by

  sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

For a long term edit /etc/sysctl.conf file.

To run OSPF you have to install some additional s/ware, e.g. Zebra --
http://www.zebra.org/

--
andrei