MRTG: Where is the problem? GD or snmpd?

MRTG: Where is the problem? GD or snmpd?

Post by Raqueeb Hass » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:18:09

Hello world!

Good Morning. What might be the problem running mrtg when it says ...

# /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/gateway.cfg
/usr/bin/rateup: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/bin/rateup: undefined symbol: gdImageGif
ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything
sensible
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/bin/mrtg line
397.
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/bin/mrtg line
397.
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 127 when doing router '192.168.0.1_192.168.0.1'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 127
_________________________________

is it because of gd or snmpd? i figured out snmpd is working fine and
snmpwalk makes sense.

thanks in advance.

raqueeb hassan
bangladesh

1. GD and MRTG? what's the problem?

Hello There!

I'm getting sick of compiling MRTG due to the errors generated by GD.
I searched the groups.google.com, my news server, FAQ lists and still
..... lots of people have the same queries regarding the GD
difficulty.

I wish someone can make a detail FAQ for rest of us :-)

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

____________________________________
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... no
checking for gd.h... yes

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.

2. volatile variables in threads

3. MRTG and GD, what happened?

4. user-interface software using curses help

5. snmpd.conf and mrtg?

6. FTP in passive mode

7. MRTG help (gd)

8. Help me ! (mixed 16-32bits Code)

9. snmpd & mrtg

10. cmu snmpd +linux+mrtg

11. OpenBSD 3.3: gd/GD.pm can't find libz.so.2.0

12. GD.pm compile problem

13. problems with snmpd