HTTPD Conf

Post by Andy Johns » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am using Apache WWW server 1.1. In the http.conf there is a sections called
ServerName. Since I dont have a FQDN I just dialup what should I put here
for a server? I have tried everything under the sun but it trys to look the
host up but of course it cant find it. Thanks to all who have a answer to this.

--

HTTPD Conf

Post by B.A.McCau.. » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I am using Apache WWW server 1.1. In the http.conf there is a sections called
>ServerName. Since I dont have a FQDN I just dialup what should I put here
>for a server? I have tried everything under the sun but it trys to look the
>host up but of course it cant find it. Thanks to all who have a answer to this.

If yoy http server doesn't have a static IP it's effectively usless to
all outside users so you may as well just give yourself a bogus FQDN
in your /etc/hosts.

HTTPD Conf

Post by Andy Johns » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone out there use Apache Web server with a dynamic IP dialin acount? If so what are you putting in
your httpd.conf under ServerName? It needs a FQDN but I have tried everything under the sun in here..even
trying to add some hosts to my /etc/hosts. Nothing seems to work. Apache 1.1

--

1. Test httpd.conf setup - using variables in httpd.conf

I'm often testing Apache httpd.conf setups using a parallel
DocumentRoots.  I'd like to be able to use variables in httpd.conf file,
such that:

   $dir = 'test_dir';

   DocumentRoot /usr/local/web/$dir
   <Directory /urs/local/web/$dir/some_dir>

And when ready to use on live data just change:

   $dir = 'live_data';

or some such thing.

Any tricks for doing this?

--

pls note the one line sig, not counting this one.

2. 2.4.1-ac10 compile error

3. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

4. Samba Connection Refused?

5. redhat-config-httpd doesn't write to httpd.conf

6. FBSD 4.4 + Compaq 18XL380

7. how to determine httpd.conf and httpd daemon for my webserver?

8. getting xntp to work

9. cern-httpd - proxy-cache - httpd.conf WANTED ???!!!

10. translator from CERN httpd configuration rules to Apache httpd conf?

11. HTTPd 1.5 dumps core when httpd.conf has "Group #-1"

12. ScriptAlias in httpd.conf versus srm.conf

13. APACHE 1.1.1 httpd.conf and the "httpd -f ..." option