multicast routing

Post by mutem.. » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I nee help setting up my acend isdn router for multicast routing.
I have enabled it but now it wants a multicast profile.
Any one know what should go here?

Please help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

multicast routing

Post by mutem.. » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I need help setting up my acend isdn router for multicast routing.
I have enabled it but now it wants a multicast profile.
Any one know what should go here?

Please help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. adding multicast route to the kernel

Hi all,

I have a question which probably has a very simple answer.  I'm trying
to insert multicast routes into the kernel using setsockopt with
MRT_ADD_MFC on an IGMP socket... just like most multicast routing
daemons.

What I want to do is to be able to say "all multicast packets going to
<mcast addr> from any source coming in from <incoming interface>
should go out on <outgoing interface>".  Now, I've looked at smcroute
code and pimd code.  What should mfcctl.mfcc_origin be set to when I
do the setsockopt() call?  Should it be set to 0.0.0.0 ?  That doesn't
seem to work.  What value signifies "all IP addresses"??

I looked at ipmr_input() in ipmr.c in the kernel sources and found
that it does a "straight" cache lookup.  I mean, it just takes the
source IP address and the destination multicast address from the IP
datagram and does a cache lookup.  It doesn't try to do a "wildcard"
match.

However, I know that routing daemons like PIMD have to add routes of
the form
(*, G).  And I did find that they set mfcctl.mfcc_origin to 0.0.0.0.
But I'm not sure how it works for PIMD.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nirmal.

2. Guikachu 0.98.0 "Downloadimashou": GNOME Resource editor for PalmOS projects

3. Help Multicast routing under Linux

4. home-page.html -> sub.dir/home-page.html doesn't work?

5. How to set multicast routes ?

6. xfree86-4 s3 968 driver

7. multicast routing woith linux.

8. Where do I get a copy of UNIX?