DIP error... can't even make it run

Post by Landshar » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I previously installed the slackware-3.0 release of linux, (most of the
disks, a,ap,n,f,q,y and some others), and had the executable DIP working
fine, I was just working on a script.  I started running into problems
with 3.0, and decided to go with a slack 2.2.  Everything works better,
but DIP won't run at all.  No matter what parameters i use, i get an
"Unknown Server Error".  What does this mean?  Do i have to recompile it?
 I also couldn't find the sources for it.  Any ideas?  Also, is there a
IPX-Howto?  Does such a thing exist?  My friend wants to run his bbs
through linux, but he uses an ipx network right now and doesn't want to
change.  And suggestions?

dave

1. DIP won't even run!

Great, I read all the net docs, the dpi man pages, and even customized my
script. Now dpi refuses to run!

It can't find libc.so.4! (There's a libc.so.5 is /usr/lib or something).
What gives???

GanjaTron

2. NIS Woes

3. Error running 'dip'

4. 802.11g linux driver status

5. Dip script won't run, but dip -t work?

6. ksh88 print bug

7. Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

8. tcpdump & eql

9. Can't get dip to run: unknown server error

10. PPP connection made but can't even ping peer by address

11. trouble running old dip and making new one

12. *** use 'root' to run dip only ***

13. It's not bad canned meat...