Artisoft AE-2 NIC Driver

Post by Sam Hughe » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

My office just upgraded their machines and got rid of a few Artisoft AE-2
network cards and I was trying to install one of them in my Linux Box.  It
has a jumper to make it emulate a NE2000 card but Linux doesn't detect it.
I was wondering if there is a specific driver that works or if there is a
roundabout way to make it work.

Sam Hughes

1. Can someone point out an ethernet driver for Artisoft AE-2, AE-3

Hi folks,

I've got an  Artisoft AE-2 AE-3 ethernet card in a linux box that I'd like to
network. Unfortunately several hours of rooting around on the net haven't
 unearthed any leads as to how/where to get drivers for it to work. I have
seen refernences to it in the search engines: (eg, search at www.excite.com
 for Linux Ethernet Artisoft), but usually this just turns up a compatibility
list.

I'm guessing that if there aren't any drivers written specicically for it, it
 must be because the card's compatible with something else..

Here I must admit, I haven't successfully installed an ethernet card on a
 linux box before. However, I do  know the IRQ it's set to, and the port
 address that Win'96 is using...

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Zachariah Nobel

Administrator for the Nobel.org domain

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (6/7) [Frequent posting]

3. Linksys Ether16 LAN Card and Artisoft AE-2 or AE-3

4. Major/Minor differences??

5. Artisoft AE-2 AE-3 ethernet adapters

6. Dumb [l]unix quiestion - nameserver

7. Artisoft AE-2/C Cards

8. Installing a plugin on Solaris

9. Artisoft AE-2 Ethernet Cards....Anyone had any luck?

10. artisoft AE-2/C confusing W7 jumper

11. Artisoft Lantastic AE-3 ETHERNET woes

12. Artisoft NodeRunner (Eagle AE-3) and Slackware 3.0?

13. Red Hat Linux and Artisoft AE-3